It’s National Nurses’ Week! National Nurses Week begins each year on May 6th and ends on May 12th, which is Florence Nightingale’s birthday. This week gives us the opportunity to honor the commitment, dedication, and hard work of those in the nursing profession.
This year, recognizing our nurses is more important than ever – the new challenges of helping fight the coronavirus pandemic put them on the front lines. They are true heroes.
The private duty registered nurses at Sunland are our very own heroes as well. Stringent background checks and training result in one amazing and dedicated team. Our nurses provide home-based medical care services to assist our seniors with their medical needs. They provide services such as:
- Medication management and administration
- Wellness checks
- Wound care
- Balance assessments
- Geriatric care (including but not limited to evaluations, advocacy at doctor appointments, creating care plans, acting as patient liaison, and arrangement of respite care)
- IV infusion
- Colostomy care
- Chronic care
Since they do so much, for so many, we love to show our thanks to our nurses. Here are some ideas on how to celebrate the nurses in your life, and support the nursing community as a whole.
- Donate to a nursing nonprofit. There are several places in the Mesa area where you can donate to help support local nurses.
- Send a gift. Hand-written cards, food donations, or other gifts are all nice ways to show nurses your appreciation! If you know a nurse personally, buy them their favorite snack or offer to grab them coffee before their shift. If not, several hospitals have staff members that handle donations.
- Show support on social media. Take a moment to write about a nurse who has made a positive impact in your life, or why you are celebrating National Nurses Week overall. Ask others to share their thanks as well.
Nurses do so much to support us and help us maintain good morale. Let’s give back, especially this week! Celebrate a nurse you know today.