Sunland has been the go-to for those seeking in-home senior care in the Mesa, Az area for years. But did you know that last year we launched a new service? Sunland now offers private duty nursing as well.
Many folks don’t know the different roles a caregiver and private duty nurse offer, so we wanted to outline them for you. This way you can make the best decision for you and your loved one.
Private duty nursing
Oftentimes in-home caregivers are not medically licensed nurses and are not certified to provide direct medical care. Because of this, Sunland established a private duty nursing service, and they are ready to provide medical needs to seniors in the comfort of their own homes. Services include:
- Medication administration and management
- Wellness checks
- Wound care
- Fall and balance assessments
- Geriatric care management
- IV maintenance and infusions
- Mental health screenings
- Colostomy care
- Drain care
Our dedicated caregivers are always available to help with your nonmedical care daily needs at home. They are available for:
- Activity partners – games, walks, reading – what’s your favorite hobby?
- Accompany you to doctor appointment, social visits, the grocery store and other errands
- Light house cleaning or organizing
- Help with your mail or bills
- Personal hygiene
- Light cooking
- Eating assistance
- Monitoring healthcare equipment
If there is something you need help with that you don’t see listed, call us today and find out how we can be of service to you.