Nursing Student Jobs in Phoenix:
As a future nurse, you already have a passion for caring for others. You love helping patients reach a higher quality of life and help them through trying moments in their lives. While you’re working on your degree, consider the advantages of an in-home care position. We have nursing student jobs at Adultcare Assistance that can help you get a jumpstart on your career and make money in the process.
In-home senior care is a growing industry for many reasons. First, there are 34 million Baby Boomers who are in or are entering retirement. Many of them will require some level of care at some point, whether it’s while they’re recovering from surgery or an accident or they’re otherwise unable to live independently. Another reason is that more families are discovering the advantages of “aging in place” instead of going into a nursing home or assisted living facility.
Because of our long-standing reputation for excellence in Arizona, our team is expanding to include more in-home caregivers so we can serve more families. This is an excellent opportunity if you are seeking nursing student jobs to help pay for school and get exceptional job experience.
If you love serving others, read on to learn more about our current caregiver openings in Phoenix and the surrounding area including Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria, Paradise Valley and the Biltmore area.
Just like the patients you would care for as a nurse, each of our senior clients and their families have different needs. Daily responsibilities may include:
- Drive seniors to appointments, meetings, and church services.
- Help seniors with their local west valley shopping.
- Go to lunch or grab an ice cream with your client.
- Keep your client beautiful assisting with bathing and grooming
- Incontinence care management to avoid embarrassment
- Light housekeeping to reduce stress at home
- Maintain vitality through meal preparation
- Avoid hospital readmissions with medication reminders
- Keep seniors out of danger with memory care safety
- Assist with rehabilitation and physical therapy exercises
- Be the eyes and ears for hospice care
- Report changes in condition to case manager
To be eligible for consideration for one of our nursing student jobs, you must meet the following requirements:
HEART FOR SENIORS:
- Have a genuine desire to work with seniors
ABILITY TO WORK:
- Typically 4, 8 or 12-hour nursing student shifts in the Phoenix area
- Ability to work around your nursing school schedule
- Optional overtime often available
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass drug screening test
- Negative TB test
- Reliable Car
- Proof of auto insurance
- Valid Driver’s License
All Phoenix job roles are eligible for perks and benefits, including:
- One of the highest starting wages for home care jobs in Phoenix
- Signing bonus
- Unlike some student jobs in Phoenix, we DO pay the employers portion of employment taxes.
MERIT BASED RAISES
- 90-day review
- Bi-annual reviews
- $750 bonus for 3 nursing student referrals
- $250 bonus for each nursing student jobs referral ($25,000 for 100 nursing student referrals)
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO)
DEVELOPMENT and CAREER GROWTH
- Paid Welcome Aboard Training
- Paid Training
- Nursing students have used their experience to advance in their career to nursing jobs or even nursing case managers within Adultcare Assistance.
- Company gatherings and team building events
- Nursing Assistant’s roundtable discussions for improving our care to seniors.
NO PAPERWORK or SIGNATURES
- Smartphone time tracking app
MANAGER ON-CALL 24/7
- Around the clock support from your management staff for emergencies or questions
How to Apply for Nursing Student Jobs in Phoenix
If you’re ready to apply for a home care job with Adultcare Assistance, please click the Apply for Job button below to fill out your application.
About Adultcare Assistance
Our company is Adultcare Assistance, a leading in-home care service for seniors provide the highest level of safety. There is a growing senior population in Arizona and an increasing demand for in-home services like ours, our business continues to grow, too. We offer seniors an opportunity to live in their homes independently. Our caregivers help with activities of daily living by providing help with errands, personal care, household chores, and more.
We are an award-winning organization and have earned the designation of #1 in-home caregiving service by Ranking Arizona Magazine, along with numerous other accolades. We have been growing our reputation since 1996, and we take our commitment to our clients very seriously. To maintain the highest quality of care, we focus on personalization and attentiveness to every family. This helps us ensure every individual’s needs are met, as well as ensure we’ve found the perfect match between our caregivers and clients.
Many nursing students choose to serve as a caregiver to get valuable experience and earn a paycheck while in nursing school. If you are looking for nursing student jobs, we invite you to apply for one of our positions and get a great start toward a fulfilling career
“Please apply now, there are so many seniors that truly need a knowledgeable and caring caregiver in Phoenix”